888 Poker is the top rated and trusted online poker site for poker players from many parts of the world. In an latest news report 888 poker saw a 60% Increase in site Traffic for past few months as more players joined the site to play poker with mobile.
888 Holdings, who own and operate gambling giants 888poker and others, have released data that shows the number of active players is 60% higher year-over-year. It has also been evident that players have been very active on the company’s global poker network over the last few months.
Poker is emerging from the wilderness back into the mainstream. Poker was, of course, outlawed in the US, after the decision in the United States v. Scheinberg ruled that PokerStars, Cereus, Absolute Poker, and Full Tilt Poker violated the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA).
888Poker has gone against initial predictions and performed well.
888 operates and host the World Series of Poker (WSOP), the most prestigious poker tournament in the world.
Poker games to play at 888 poker
You can play the following poker games at 888 poker
- Texas Holdem: Texas Hold’em is the world’s favorite poker game. This intriguing poker variant boasts a player base in the millions, and it’s growing fast. It is played at the Main Event of prestigious poker tournaments like the WSOP, WPT and ANZPT. You’re dealt 2 hole cards, and you have the Flop, Turn and River to form the strongest hand. 888poker’s Texas Holdem games are played fast and furious, with big pots and affordable buy-ins. Whether you’re playing SNGs or MTTs, Texas Holdem is the name of the game. Use your skill, wit and strategy to beat the competition and win some!
2. Omaha Hi: Omaha Hi is a competitive poker game where players compete with one another for the high hand. You are tasked with forming the highest-ranking hand in the game. It’s similar to Texas Hold’em poker, but hasn’t quite hit the same popularity levels. In Omaha Hi, you must form the highest hand with a combination of 4 hole cards, as opposed to 2 hole cards in Texas Hold’em. After the first round of betting, the first 3 cards are dealt – The Flop. This is followed by the Turn and the River. If more than 1 player remains, the showdown takes place.
3. Omaha Hi/Low: Omaha Hi-Lo is like Omaha Hi, except for a key difference: When the hand enters the showdown stage, the players holding the best high hand and the best low hand will each split the pot 50/50. In Omaha Hi-Lo, you receive 4 cards face down. It is possible for the same player to win both the high hand and the low hand, by making 2 separate hands from the community cards, and the pocket cards. The rules determine who forms the best low hand (8 or lower), and who forms the best high hand. Hit the wheel (5, 4, 3, 2, Ace), and you’re already a winner!
4. Blast Sit n Go: Sit & Go’s, otherwise known as SNGs, are terrific formats of poker games for players on the move. These poker tournaments feature a set number of players and they only begin once that number has been reached. You can expect anywhere from 2-360 players per SNG at 888poker. Typically, you will be playing at either 6-max or 9-max tables. There is no late registration, and you play through various formats such as Super Turbo, Turbo, Bounty, Double or Nothings or Knockout tournaments. Games typically conclude within 30 to 60 minutes, and they are easy to play. If you’re looking to gain an understanding of tournament-style poker, this is the format for you!
The new BLAST Sit & Go is an exciting Sit & Go game where you could win big! 4 players are in for a fun surprise as they compete for a randomly drawn prize pool in a time-limited BLAST Sit & Go. Every time you play a BLAST Sit and Go you could be playing for a prize pool of up to 10,000 times your buy-in!
Once the game begins, the BLAST timer starts the countdown. When the BLAST timer runs out, the action takes over and all players automatically go all-in until there’s a single winner. The higher the prize pool multiplier – the longer the timer!
5. Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo: This is one of the most grueling poker games on the planet, thanks to its highly technical nature. Unlike traditional Seven Card Stud, this game requires two unique hands to be formed – a low hand and a high hand. The best low hand you can form is Ace-2-3-4 & 5. The player holding the lowball hand and the traditional high hand will split the pot 50/50 at the showdown.
As with Seven Card Stud, each player is dealt 7 cards during the game, but only 5 cards are used to form winning poker hands. Since this game is played with both a low and a high hand, an 8 or Better qualifier for the low hand applies to all hi-low split games. For a low hand to win, all cards in the hand must rank 8 or lower. If it’s not possible to form a low hand, the high hand will win and claim the spoils of victory. For the poker fans out there, Aces are low or high.
Seven Card Stud Hi-Low goes by many names, including Stud8, and Stud High-Low. This game is part of the prestigious H.O.R.S.E. series of poker games (Hold’em, Omaha, Razz, Stud Hi, Stud Hi-Lo), where it is represented by the letter E. The only notable difference between Seven Card Stud and Seven Card Stud Hi-Low is in the showdown.
The pot gets split between the high hand and the low hand. The high hand is formed in the same way as a traditional Seven Card Stud game, while the low has to comply with specific rules. It’s time to ante up for this technically challenging poker game. Once you master Seven Card Stud Hi-Low, you’ll be in the money!
6. Seven Card Stud: Seven Card Stud ruled the roost before Omaha and Hold’em were popularized. Widely considered by many to be the purest poker variant of them all, Seven Card Stud has a rich and decorated history with poker players. For starters, players will be required to pay close attention in this game much like they do in games of Gin or Bridge. Once you have mastered the art of Seven Card Stud, you will be positioned to take down many more monster pots in this community-style card game. Get comfortable with 888poker as we take you on a whirlwind tour with the fascinating game of Seven Card Stud.
7. No limit and pot limit: No Limit and Pot Limit is said to be the purest form of Poker. The general game structure and rules of No Limit and Pot Limit games are identical to those of Limited games, with two very notable exceptions: There is no Lower Limit Stake or Higher Limit Stake at the table and no Cap to the Betting Rounds. Instead, the minimum and maximum amounts that players are permitted to wager are according to No Limit and Pot Limit Betting Rules/Structure.
How to get started at 888 poker to play poker games?
To get started you can either download the 888 poker app on your mobile or install their poker software on your PC. Downloading and installing the software is quick and easy. Click here to begin your download and click “Run” to complete the installation.
Now set up your poker account at 888 poker
While registering to play for real money with 888poker, you will need:
- Your Social Security Number (for US citizens) or passport number (for non-US citizens)
- Connect to 888poker via Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G (but your Wi-Fi must be on in order to play)
Once your account is verified you are ready to make a deposit to play poker in real time. In order to comply with New Jersey’s gaming laws, 888 poker must verify that users who play for real money are legally allowed to do so. The site uses your Social Security Number and other information you provide to verify that your name and SSN match, your address is a valid address, and that you are over 21 years of age. If you are using your mobile, your location is verified. Note that the location service might not be available if the phone is roaming or is turned off.
It’s your choice to play the poker games at 888 poker for fun or play with real money.
Once you have completed the full registration and your 888poker account has been verified, you will receive your bonus offer in your email for $20 no deposit.
To play real money poker, open the 888poker software and log in to your account. Then click on the ‘Cashier’ menu, then click ‘Deposit.’ 888poker’s minimum deposit is $10. Make a deposit with PayPal, Master card, Visa Card, Online Banking, Pay with Cash, ACH payments and cash at cage.
To withdraw money from your account, open the 888poker software and log in to your account. Click on the ‘Cashier’ menu, and click ‘Withdraw.’ Just fill in your details, click ‘Withdraw’ and your request will be processed. While you must be in New Jersey to deposit funds and play poker, you can withdraw your funds from anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions or issues you can contact the poker site at supportNJ@888.com.